POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : assumed_gamma : Re: assumed_gamma Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: assumed_gamma
From: Slashdolt
Date: 5 Jun 2003 11:38:26
Message: <3edf63f2$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the information, and thanks to everyone else for providing input.

Howerver, if you look at <povray>\scenes\incdemo\woods\woods2.pov, they set
the "assumed_gamma" to 2.2.  If you use assumed_gamma 1.0 for any of the
T_Wood textures, they are way too bright, and many look purplish.  For that
reason, I generally don't use any of them, and create my own wood textures
instead.

So...  I guess that brings me back to my original question.

--
Slash